Here we are, one month in to the year twenty-sixteen! It's been a good month. Very peaceful in the home and that's a big ol' WIN.
Here's what's been happening this month:
- I began my job as the Missions Director at Logos Community Church
- Wade grew his first full-fledged beard.
- I got my hair lightened up and I LURVE it. Seriously this is my favorite hair length and color ever. I don't think I'm going to go back to long-hair for a while.
- Cristian's been working on his basketball skills and PeeWee told us about his dream of starting a Youtube channel. (we'll have to see about that...)
- I contributed to 4 new songs with some members of my worship team and we played one of them for our church, which was so crazy-awesome.
- And Osa accidentally dyed her beard blue... so there's that.
One of my main focuses for the month of February is going to be on local missions for our church. We've already got two events planned and I'm just trying not to be overcome with nerves about the whole thing. It's been about 3 years since I've led a team, which sounds crazy as I write it because that's all I did for the majority of the time I lived in Alabama. I'm so excited to get back into that role and to see how God will be using Logos in the Rio Grande Valley and beyond.
This week starts Spirit Week at school which, if you remember from the photos I took last year, is just the most fun EVER! I'll be sending the boys to school dressed as hippies and 1920's gangsters and Yoda and the Tin-Man and the elderly, and I'm hoping they will let me dye their hair green for Neon day; but we'll just have to see about that one. Check my instagram for daily photos!