A few Sundays ago I asked Wade to pick me up something for lunch during second service at our church. He had gone to the first service with me but I was singing at both that day and just knew I'd be starving when 2 o'clock rolled around (yes, here in the Rio Grande Valley 1st service is at 10am and 2nd is at noon. We like to sleep in 'round these parts.) He said he'd have something for me when I got home. In my mind, I imagined a taco from the local drive thru, but what I came home to was so much better than that: SALMON & EGGS. A bless-ed combination if there ever was one.
Living our lives on a mission is all about knowing and glorifying God, serving others, and living our lives, well, on a mission to make the most of Him!
For me, that includes what and how I eat, and often who I eat with. The table is a place for community. Maybe you need a little "me" time. Make yourself a delicious meal and sit-down without the TV! Feed your family, your friends, your neighbors.
Today, be a little adventurous and combine some foods you might not have considered. I give you: SALMON & EGGS on a bed of asparagus, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
2 Salmon filets with skin on one side (sockeye is my favorite!)
A Handful of Asparagus
Grilled Artichoke Hearts (I find them in the produce section in an air-tight bag)
1. Heat grill to somewhere between 350 - 400 degrees.
2. Rub asparagus with olive oil, salt & pepper. Wrap in foil and place on the grill for 12 minutes.
3. Rub salmon with olive oil, salt & pepper to taste. Grill for 8 minutes, skin down.
4. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a sauté pan and sauté mushrooms and artichoke hearts until tender.
5. Lay your asparagus in a line on each plate. Lay your salmon on top of the bed of asparagus and add mushrooms & artichokes.
6. Lastly, right before you're ready to serve, fry two eggs over medium. Lay an egg on top of each salmon. The golden yolk of the egg pairs perfectly with the salmon. Get ready for your life to change.
Make sure you check out the recipes I've already shared this week:
Healthy Chicken Stirfry
Turkey Burger on a Portobello Bun
Grilled Chicken Greek Salad